The safety of our patients and staff is of the utmost importance to the physicians and staff of Eyecare Associates; therefore, in light of the issues surrounding COVID-19, commonly referred to as Coronavirus, we wanted to let our patients know about the precautionary steps we are taking.
Our leadership team pro-actively developed a plan to deal with COVID-19; we believe preparing our staff and providing information to patients are positive steps to avoid spreading the virus.
- Patients are being asked to reschedule their appointments if they have a respiratory infection, fever, or if they have traveled outside the US in the previous 30 days.
- Team members who have respiratory issues or fever are instructed to stay at home.
- We have removed magazines in all waiting rooms, for now, to avoid having items that are shared among patients.
- For further protection, patients are being asked to wear a mask upon arrival to our offices if they are recovering from cold symptoms. Any patient with fever is asked not to enter the office and to call prior to the visit.
While the overall risk of COVID-19 to the general public remains low, elderly people and individuals with chronic medical conditions may have increased risk for COVID-19. The best prevention measures for any respiratory virus are:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We encourage you to take steps to protect you and your family; if you are concerned that you have been exposed to COVID-19 or if you have symptoms, please see your physician to be tested – and be sure to follow their guidelines to avoid spreading the virus. If you have any questions or concerns related to COVID-19 and an upcoming appointment at our office, please call us at (404) 953-4023.
- Please understand that Eyecare Associates is not a governing body, and we encourage our patients to use the following official resources to find current information on appropriate courses of action and to track new cases:
- World Health Organization (WHO) Rights, Roles & Responsibilities of Health Workers
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Interim Guidance for COVID-19
- OSHA Guidance on Workplace Preparation for COVID-19
- COVID-19 Global Cases Live Map by the CSSE at Johns Hopkins University
- Events Council Discussion of Insurance and Legal Considerations for Event Professionals